Sunday, June 28, 2015

Hiding in the Light by Rifqa Bary

This was a book that was hard to put down. Uplifting and challenging, Rifqa details her life as a child of a Muslim family called by God at an early age to follow Jesus.  I knew some of the story from when it hit the news, but much of it was new or made much clearer by her explanations. I also had no idea of the health challenges she faced following her freedom.


I was a little put off by some of her statements and behavior but then I realized that even though she was a Christian, she was also a typical teenager.  I was disappointed to see what was left out of the book and that left me with more questions than answers, especially about the senior pastor that lost his church because of the events surrounding this event. My hope is that she has a peaceful life now and has been able to reconcile with her family.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...