Tuesday, September 4, 2012

The Reason by William Sirls


The Reason by William Sirls is a very good first Christian novel by this author.  It is well written, interesting, and the characters are believable in their imperfection and complexities. This is a story of sin, faith, redemption and reconciliation. 

When a major lightening storm hits a small church strange things start happening and people take notice.  A mysterious carpenter seems to know more than he should about the residents of town.  A sick child brings a story of hardship and suffering.

The relationships and friendships described in the book were realistic, and displayed real life emotions and actions, both the good and bad.  The major characters were likeable and each of their search for redemption was interesting.

I had a small problem remembering some of the minor characters when they were only mentioned briefly here and there.  I really enjoyed the book until I reached the ending of the book.  Then I found it disappointing and unrealistic.  For me it turned the genre of the book from a drama to a fantasy. Of course I don’t want to give any spoilers here, but I can tell you from experience that no matter how much we believe, how we pray with absolute faith, it is still God’s will how the end will be.  To insinuate that any other result would be the fault of lack of faith is the wrong message.

Still, The Reason is an interesting book that will make you think.  



I received this book for review with the understanding that I would give my honest opinion.  

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...