Friday, April 27, 2012

Simple Shortcut Recipes by Gooseberry Patch



I love my Gooseberry Patch recipe books because they are of sturdy construction with attractive pages and easy to follow country-style recipes.  They are also packed with special hints and tips about foods, recipes, and décor.  I always feel like I am getting a little something extra with the Gooseberry Patch cookbooks.

Simple Shortcut Recipes is a welcome addition to my collection with more than 225 recipes that uses shortcuts to make easy dinners for busy cooks.  The first recipe I tried in this book was Busy-Day Beef with three ingredients and a Crock-pot©.  It was delicious!  I was actually very surprised at just how good it was, and it will be a new regular meal in this house. 

The categories are:
Beat-the-Clock Breakfasts
Simple Soups, Salads, & Sandwiches
Fast-Fix Sides & Breads
Dinner Express
Oh-So-Easy Entertaining
Piece-of-Cake Desserts

These are practical, easy recipes that taste good.  Some are updated versions of old favorites, and all of them have ingredients that you can find in your local food stores. That is important for those of us who live in small towns or rural areas.


I received a review copy of Simple Shortcut Recipes in return for my honest opinion of the book.  I receive no compensation for any book purchased through my link. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...