Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Redemption Day by Steve O'Brien

Home-grown terrorists are a real and constant threat in the United States. Redemption Day by Steve O’Brien brings to life the story of the kidnapping of a Supreme Court justice.  Nick James is a Federal terrorism analyst who finds himself out of work and being drawn into the crime - possibly drawn in too far.  Nick has to solve the kidnapping while at the same time he is being framed for murder.  Top on his list of suspects is the Posse Comitatus, a militia-style organization who believe that the government has gone too far.

After the initial tense kidnapping scene, the story hits the skids while the author has to backtrack with information on all of the characters involved.  Possibly there was too much information, and the story becomes rather choppy. However, as the story picks up again so does the suspense.  There is a good balance between dialog and narration, and the characters were OK, but I didn’t feel any real connection to them. I also didn’t find the story believable, but sometimes you just have to get lost in the story and not worry about whether it is logical or not. There is plenty of action, adventure, torture scenes, and surprises that kept me guessing.   Link to purchase Redemption Day 

I received a copy of Redemption Day only with the understanding that I would give my honest opinion. I receive no compensation if the book is purchased through my link.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...