Monday, April 26, 2010

Heart Healthy Monday on Bookvisions

Web link:  Some interesting information on the connection between gum disease and heart disease here:  Heart Disease Project

Heart Healthy Tip:  Take care of your teeth and gums. Floss every day to remove plaque and food between your teeth that your toothbrush missed. Rinse your mouth with water afterwards.

Heart Healthy Recipe from:  National Institutes of Health National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute
Even sweets can be healthy!
Banana Mousse


2 Tbsp lowfat milk
4 tsp sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 medium banana, cut in quarters
1 C plain lowfat yogurt
8 slices (1/4 inch each) banana

1. Place milk, sugar, vanilla, and banana in blender. Process for 15 seconds at high speed until smooth.
2. Pour mixture into small bowl and fold in yogurt. Chill.
3. Spoon into four dessert dishes and garnish each with two banana slices just before serving.

1 comment:

  1. Hi. Nice to meet you. I saw you on the blog hop and thought I would drop by. Although the dog sweater book is adorable I think I'll skip it and give the 1920's thriller a try. ( I guess I should write that title down.)

    I hope you will stop by sometime.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...