Saturday, December 5, 2009

Not So Common Courtesy – The Owner’s Manual by Mitzi Taylor


Book Description:
Where in the world did Common Courtesy go?! I don't want to ruin this story for you, but I found out Common Courtesy is dying a slow and painful death. I want it back, so welcome to my journey.

My Review:
Not So Common Courtesy is a very funny look at what seems to be a behavior that is disappearing in today’s society – common courtesy. Rude and discourteous behavior is almost a badge of honor these days. With her delightful sense of humor, the author covers courteous behavior in: drive-through lines, communication, personal, public places, traveling, driving, and pets. The book is written in an interactive style with pages for the reader to enter their own information. There is a “Pay it Forward” page to sign and then pass the book to someone else. There are also pre-printed note pages to pass along to others and some blank ones to fill out.


I enjoyed the book very much, and I think this would be a perfect gift not only for adults, but also for older teens. I would also like to see Not So Common Courtesy in every library. 



My pet peeves?

1. People having personal conversations loudly on their cell phones in public.

2. Those who do not respect personal space-Please do NOT touch my hair, and do not ask me to cut my hair and donate it to a “charity”

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...