Saturday, June 13, 2009

My Goodness: My Kids Nesta A Aharoni *****



My Goodness: My Kids Cultivating Decency in a Dangerous World by Nesta A Aharoni

Quote from the author:

“My Goodness: My Kids is a tribute to lay wisdom – parental lay wisdom. In it, I offer you the end product of 30 years of common-sense child rearing – theories and methods that worked to build character in my children.”


You may purchase this book on Amazon.com by clinking this link:

My Goodness: My Kids: Cultivating Decency in a Dangerous World


My Review:

There are all kinds of parenting books on the market written by doctors and psychologists, but who is better qualified to write a parenting book than a good and successful parent? This is a mom-view book, written by a parent who takes on the most important role of a parent – to instill goodness and decency in their children.

The book is filled with good, common-sense parenting skills and includes a wide variety of topics that covers the baby years through the teens. Never a simple “how to” book, but a thoughtful collection of experience and wisdom shared freely. I enjoyed reading about the lessons she learned from her children, especially in the Boys Will Be Boys section! My favorite part of the book is at the end when each of her children wrote a section to share what good parenting meant to them.

My Goodness: My Kids is a wonderful book that I do not hesitate recommending to any parent, or as a gift for a new parent. Think of what kind of impact it would have on our society if more parents would make goodness and decency the goal of success.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...